Accommodation booking for BSI language students in Berlin.
The BSI Language School can arrange accommodation for its students. To do so, the school needs six weeks notification beforehand. Let us know in your registration whether you require assistance with accommodation or not.
We have accommodation arrangements with families (usually with children), shared apartments, and also single or double rooms in our school building. Accommodation with a family presently costs around 300.– to 400.– euros monthly. For your reservation you have to make an advance payment covering the first month plus a deposit of 200.– euros (caution money). This deposit will be refunded to you upon your departure. Part or all of it may, however, be retained in case any repairs or replacements are necessary.
To our female students we also offer single or double rooms in our building. The monthly price per person for a room plus language lessons is 575.– in the time from October to April, and 600.– euros from May to September. The caution money is 200.– euros.
A cancellation of lessons and accommodation is possible up to one week before the start of the contract. In such cases, 25 percent of the down-payment will be retained.
Accommodation Booking Conditions
- BSI assists its language students with the search of accommodation in Berlin. Rooms in co-shared apartments (rooms are furnished, students live with German persons) and homestay programs are offered.
- Single apartments are offered exclusively with the help of specialized real estate agencies.
- An accommodation booking will be considered binding if at least four weeks before the student´s arrival the first month of rent + the arrangement fee have been transferred to the BSI accommodation account.
- When doing the transfer, please always indicate your BSI student ID number as well as the booking period.
- An accommodation booking can be cancelled with no further costs up to two weeks before the course starts and the student arrives in Berlin.
- A cancellation after this period means that 25% of the rent are retained.
- A cancellation one week before the course starts means that 50% of the rent are retained.
- A cancellation three days before the start of the course or a no-show mean that 100% of the rent are kept.
- A prolongation of the rental period has to be communicated to BSI at least two weeks before the end of the month.