Frequently Asked Questions

General Information:

Will the class be totally in German?


What do I need on my first school day?

You need to bring your current passport and two photos.

Is there a placement test?

No, you will receive a free trial lesson in which you can choose the appropriate course level.

Where can I buy the books?

In our office.

How much are they?

Between 20 and 25 Euros.

Do I need extra material?


Where is the school located?

In the Schöneberg district on Hauptstr. 159 metro line 7 (U-Bahnlinie 7) Kleistpark station.


The registration fee is 10 Euros when you register in our office and 65 Euros when registered from abroad and via the internet.


Registration Information:

How do I register?

You can register online at www.bsiberlin.de via the link Anmeldung/Registration. Please make sure that Name means surname/familiy name and Vorname means given name. If you are already in Berlin, you can register in person in our office.

How do I transfer the course fee?

After we receive your registration, you will get an e-mail with our bank account information. You need to transfer the course and registration fee to our bank account or online, for the online option please ask our office how to.

Do you accept credit cards?

Only if you pay in our office.

Visa regulations:

Who needs a visa?

European Union citizen do not need a visa for Germany.
DaF Kurse ohne Visum

On the Federal Foreign Office webpage in your country you can find out whether you need a visa for visits to Germany and the Schengen States of up to 90 days. Foreigners wanting to stay longer than 90 days in Germany, who want to work or study in Germany, automatically need a visa. Table of countries whose citizens require/do not require visas to enter Germany

How do I get a certificate of enrolment?

After we have received your course fee, we will send you the certificate of enrolment by e-mail and airmail.

Does the embassy require the original certificate of enrolment or is a faxed copy enough?

That depends upon the embassy in your country.

What happens if my visa gets denied?

You need to send the original document of the embassy which indicates that your visa application was denied. Then we will retransfer the money minus 65 Euros registration fee and minus 50 Euros administrative fee.


What kind of accommodation may I find?

Co-shared apartments, single apartments, host families.

What are the prices for accommodations?

Depending upon the season, between 250 and 350 Euros per month.

Who do I contact about accommodation?


BSI Berlin DaF in an nutshell

BSI Berlin DaF